`Why am I not playing my best tennis right now? she recalled. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 11
BOSTON -- The Minnesota Twins are proving they havent given up. Cheap Adidas Shoes From China .After opening the season with just 16 wins in their first 56 games, the Twins have started the post All-Star break nicely. They earned their fifth victory in nine games to clinch a winning road trip.Miguel Sano homered and Eduardo Nunez drove in three runs, including two in a five-run seventh inning, as Minnesota rallied for an 11-9 win over the Boston Red Sox on Saturday night.Its easy to preach about trying to play nine innings, Twins manager Paul Molitor said. Sometimes youre challenged to dig a little deeper, but its one of those games where youre really happy for the guys, the energy, and the offense staying with it.After taking two of three in Detroit against the Tigers, the Twins can take the series against Boston on Sunday.Tough night from the mound, obviously, Boston manager John Farrell said. You give up 19 hits, 11 runs, not a good night from the mound.Eddie Rosario had four singles for Minnesota, which won its second straight over Boston after losing the series opener Thursday.I wasnt frustrated at any time, Sano said of the game, though he could have been talking about the season.We played the game hard and did what we needed to do. We hit the ball well, we ran the bases well. We fought hard and did what we had to do to win the game.Hanley Ramirez belted a three-run homer and Xander Bogaerts had four hits for the Red Sox, who lost for just the third time in 12 games. Jackie Bradley Jr. had three hits and two RBI.Red Sox starter David Price went 5 2/3 innings and gave up 11 hits for his second straight start. The left-hander gave up five runs, raising his ERA to 4.51.Honestly, I feel good, he said. I feel healthy, I feel confident, just not making good pitches, thats what it boils down to. You can feel bad out there and still execute good pitches. It doesnt matter how you feel if you dont go out there and execute.Ryan Pressly (4-5) got four outs in relief for the win. Brandon Kintzler worked the ninth for his eighth save.Twins starter Ricky Nolasco lasted just two innings, giving up six runs and walking three.Trailing 8-5 in the seventh, the Twins surged ahead with five runs. Max Kepler had an RBI triple and scored on Kennys Vargas double. Vargas scored the tying run on an overturned replay on Rosarios single against Tommy Layne (0-1).Plate umpire Clint Fagan originally ruled him out on a throw from Bradley, but Vargas slipped his hand in on a head-first slide. Nunezs two-run single made it 10-8.Sano homered in the eighth.Ramirez homered as Boston erased a 4-1 deficit with a five-run second, hitting it over the Green Monster after Brock Holt scored on a wild pitch and Dustin Pedroia had an RBI double.Bradleys run-scoring double made it 7-4.TRAINERS ROOMTwins: C Kurt Suzuki was back in the lineup after getting Friday off, but had to leave to get stitches on his chin after taking a foul off the mask. ... 1B Joe Mauer was rested.Red Sox: CF Mookie Betts didnt play, resting his right knee after leaving Fridays game. He said he had tests that showed no structural damage and they were trying to get the swelling down and some fluid out. ... Farrell said closer Craig Kimbrel could have his first bullpen session (Sunday) or Monday and could be very close to a simulated game. Kimbrel had surgery for a meniscus tear in his left knee on July 11.WINDY CONDITIONSEarly strong gusts made for a strange night.Red Sox TV analyst Jerry Remy was hit in the head by a falling monitor in the booth and was sent home to rest. Hes expected back Sunday.In the first, Minnesotas Robbie Grossman hit a fly into a gust, sending RF Michael Martinez twisting as the ball fell for a triple.There were a handful of stoppages as dirt from the tracks and litter swirled. Batters stepped out to wipe their eyes and Red Sox 1B Hanley Ramirez headed to the dugout to have a trainer help him clear his left eye.SEEING DOUBLESDavid Ortiz collected his 35th double of the season, tying the record for most by a player 40 or older. The 40-year-old Ortiz tied Sam Rice, who was also 40 and did it in 1930.UP NEXTTwins: LHP Tommy Milone (3-2, 4.71 ERA) is set to start the series finale on Sunday.Red Sox: RHP Rick Porcello (12-2, 3.47) looks to remain unbeaten in his starts at Fenway Park this season. Porcello would become the first in 55 years to open a season 10-0 in Fenway starts since Don Schwall won his first 10 decisions in 1961 before losing in mid- September. Cheap Adidas Shoes Online . Pierce was ejected in the third quarter of Indianas 103-86 win Monday. George Hill stole a bad pass and was going in for a layup, and Pierce hustled back and appeared to be trying to wrap him up. Cheap Adidas Shoes Free Shipping . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. http://www.adidasshoesclearance.com/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Bethanie Mattek-Sands figures shell retire the stars-and-stripes socks and frame them with her gold medal.In an all-American mixed doubles final Sunday, Mattek-Sands and Jack Sock won the title as first-time Olympians. And they did it against an opponent who has won as many medals -- and as many golds -- as any tennis player in history.Mattek-Sands and Sock beat Venus Williams and Rajeev Ram to deny Williams a record fifth gold. With the silver, Williams still tied the Olympic mark with her fifth medal; Kathleen McKane also won five (one gold) in the 1920s.Williams owns one singles gold and three in doubles with sister Serena, but she was upset in the first round in Rio de Janeiro in both tournaments while battling a virus. Her Olympics were seemingly over since she wasnt originally expected to compete in mixed doubles.Ram, meanwhile, wasnt even originally supposed to be in Rio. The 32-year-old was added to his first Olympic roster a few days before the opening ceremony, when the 2012 mens doubles gold medalists, Bob and Mike Bryan, withdrew.Sock was also sick before arriving in Rio -- he was diagnosed with walking pneumonia shortly before departing. And he, too, was upset in the first round in singles, sounding afterward more like a tourist than a medal contender.I wanted to enjoy the experience, soak it all up, he recalled Sunday.He soaked up two medal ceremonies, also winning bronze with Steve Johnson in mens doubles.For the 31-year-old Mattek-Sands, who like Sock has won major titles in both doubles and mixed doubles, colorful knee-high socks are a signature fashion statement. The American flag set she wore Sunday was not an Olympic original; she debuted them at a past U.S. Open.It was kind of a last-minute pack, she said. I was like, `You know what? I think this is the moment. If Im going to go hard-core USA, its going to be at the Olympics. So I pulled them out for the match today.Her playing partner couldnt help but mmake the obvious pun -- shed be framing some socks alongside a medal she won with a guy named Sock. Wholesale Adidas Shoes China. They laughed and high-fived, and Mattek-Sands said, Its too perfect to actually not do that.The two American teams split the finals two sets, then Mattek-Sands and Sock won the match tiebreaker 10-7. It could have been the last Olympic outing of Williams career, though she wouldnt rule out a sixth Games as a 40-year-old in 2020.Its totally about whether I want to be there, whether I want to continue to work this hard, she said.The same question was posed to Martina Hingis, who turns 36 next month and also lost in the womens doubles Sunday with Swiss teammate Timea Bacsinszky to Russians Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina by a score of 6-4, 6-4.Way back in 1997, Williams played in her first major final at the U.S. Open, defeated by Hingis. A year earlier, Hingis took part in the Atlanta Games -- and she hadnt been to another Olympics until now, two decades later.On Sunday, both Williams and Hingis won silver, the first career medal for the Swiss star -- a feat that takes on extra resonance after she repeatedly came out of retirement.When youre winning Grand Slams, No. 1 in the world, at 16, you think you have another 10 years at least at the top of the game, she said. Now I know its coming toward the end.How soon is the end? Hingis didnt want to talk about 2020, even though Bacsinszky is trying to recruit her for the Tokyo Games.The Olympics were always a goal for Makarova and Vesnina. They insisted the Games were bigger than their two major titles together. They took it so seriously that Makarova was crying when she didnt play well in practice.I just really wanted this medal and I was emotional: `Why am I not playing my best tennis right now? she recalled.They played their best tennis at the right time.Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '